The IST Veterinary Officer has overall responsibility for the management and supervision of the medical care and evaluations of all Task Force K-9. The IST DVM reports directly to the IST Medical Advisor or his/her deputy.
- Assisting in the development of all Task Force K-9 safety procedures in coordination with the other Task Force sections.
- Available to assist in Task Force K-9 care activities.
- Determining the veterinary organizational and logistics needs.
- Receiving briefings and situation reports and ensuring that all medical personnel are kept informed of status changes.
- Providing situation reports and maintaining records and reports.
- Ensuring a continuum of veterinary care and coordinating interaction with all appropriate outside veterinary entities.
- Performing additional tasks or duties as assigned during a mission.
(Refer to IST Training Matrix available from your Administrator)
Must meet all Task Force general administrative requirements
Must meet all Task Force general training requirements
Must be a licensed veterinarian who has experience with K-9 medical care.